- Pita bread stuffed with smoked cauliflower and tahini or smoked eggplant with tahini
- Carrot and caraway seed Labneh with char grilled chicken wings
- Chicken kebabs with spicy avocado puree
- Celeriac soup with roasted hazelnuts
- Shredded slow cooked lamb shoulder
- Mussels with chorizo
- Mince stuffed prunes
- All served with sides of orange and date salad with black and white sesame seed dressing, tabouleh, green spring salad with chilli dressing and roast pumpkin with yoghurt dressing
- Followed up with Turkish delights, citrus cookies and baklava
Listening to people chatting away made me reflect on the “why we move on” decisions we make. Maybe this was of particular interest for me right now, as my own head space is all about the next move. I have always been fascinated by the moments of clarity that occur for people and those moments on which we make decisions, sometimes huge, life re-directional and mammoth change type decisions.
Often, I observe that the essence of the decision is something to do with a need or direction within self or family. Such decisions are often heart felt and can be quite unexpected. However, when made with love, consideration and balancing up what is right for their situation, I can’t help but admire the human spirit that is demonstrated. Sure we are so acutely aware of the bad happening in the world, but let’s not lose sight of the good and wonderful love that is around us. Let us not lose sight of the fabulous stuff people around us do every day in everyday life.
Do you have a “moment of clarity” story?
*thanks to Sophie for the pics*