Regardless of my philosophical contemplations, what I want to do today, is to send best wishes to everyone else for my birthday.
So Happy Birthday to everyone, for every celebration and for every milestone you have, I send you greetings of happiness, health and goodness.
My mind went off in an interesting direction this morning. Those who know me well, know that I never shy away from celebrating my birthday. In fact I have been known on many occasions to have a week long festival, marked by numerous events. This year I am starting of slowly, with a quieter day than usual (but VERY excited at what is happening) and over the next 3 MONTHS I will celebrate at every opportunity I have. YES I am taking my birthday celebration on tour !!! So hope you will join me on the journey, somewhere, sometime!? ...
Oops ... I deviate from what I actually DO want to share with you today.
I have been thinking about the good stuff in my life. There is a line in a movie "the bad stuff is easier to believe" (do you remember which movie it was in? - again I deviate !!).... Anyway, I work hard to focus on the good and positive, 'cos, yes, there is so much bad, ugly and hurtful in the world - however today, I am only focussing on the good, the kind and positive.
I am thinking about my blessings, that are so many. Please let me share a random list (certainly not a total complete list) and I hope they remind you of some of the blessings in your life also;
* dirt that I can dig into and it gives life to 4 seasons per year in the PCH garden
* a gorgeous and treasured friend who does not like to cook who is making lunch for me today
* 3 stepsons who were tough on me when they were teenagers, who have turned into 3 wonderful
men and now, I have 2 equally wonderful step daughters in law
* books that I can read any time I want, with the ability to access and educate myself with whatever I like ...... So many people (especially girls) don't have that right or freedom
* the ability to work and support myself
* opportunity to travel and cross so many things off my 'debs desire list'
* flowers, trees and herbs that grow so magnificently in my garden
* people I love around the world, that I can contact at any time and connect with, by a
variety of technology
* music and songs that make me sing along, even though I have the worst singing voice
in the world
* freedom to watch whichever movie and TV show I want and yes, my favourite all time
movie continues to be " A Knights Tale" with Heath Ledger
* THE MANY MANY WONDERFUL, LOVING AND CARING FRIENDS WHO SHARE IN
SO MUCH OF MY LIFE - many I have known for most of my life, many I don't see often but always know they are there, many who have entered my life in the last 10 or 1 year and many who are there every other day.
So, so so, fortunate
* incredible career with numerous adventures along the way
* best sisters, who are two of my besties and I love very much
* a kitchen where I can cook and feed people, in a home where I can welcome many
* 2 puppies who stole my heart and I am not a pet person !!
* my nieces and nephews who I simply adore AND now great nieces and great nephew
* my babies from my midwifery days and my "god-children"
* the tight band of nearest and dearest and Andrew - through the good and tough times ..
* the ability to access health and medical care to overcome health challenges
A truly blessed life.
Will you share with me some your blessings?