A great standby to have in the fridge for when people call in, pop some sourdough bread in the toaster and you have a very impressive snack to serve.
Hope you enjoy….
Salt cod pate and toasted sourdough
1 side cod, skinned, pin boned and cut into smaller pieces
2 leeks, washed well and sliced
4 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Lightly salt you pieces of cod with sea salt and set aside.
2. In a large non-stick pan, sweat your diced onion, sliced garlic and leeks with 100g butter. Cook until soft without color then add your diced potatoes. Continue cooking then add your pieces of cod and cover with cream.
3. Bring to boil then reduce the heat and simmer until reduced and thickens. Be sure to stir regularly to prevent from sticking and burning.
4. Once the mixture is thickened, potatoes cooked and cream reduced, carefully transfer to a food processor and blitz until smooth. This may have to be done in 2 batches.
5. Allow to cool and serve spread on toasted bread.
On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Eleven pipers piping…..
Eleven emus laying.....