Kate Spina took us down a bread making discovery class that simply impressed us all. How easy was that we kept saying !
Hope you enjoy….
Buttermilk Fruit & Nut Flatbreads
180g wholemeal flour
170g plain flour
8g baking powder
40ml nuts, chopped
40ml raisins, chopped
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add the buttermilk and mix to combine.
3. Tip out onto a floured bench and lightly knead for a couple of minutes.
4. Roll the dough out thinly, scatter with the fruit and nut mix, fold in half.
5. Cut into 8 pieces.
6. Heat a large frypan over medium heat and spray the pan with oil.
7. Cook the flatbreads on each side until golden brown .
8. Brush with melted butter and season lightly with salt flakes.
Serve with dips like baba ghanouj, as an accompaniment to a salad or soup.
Ten lords a leaping …..
Ten lizards leaping .....